Purpose of this Job:
The purpose of this job is to maintain proper condition of the truck fleet in compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) standards.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Perform service on all vehicles and preventative maintenance.
- Repair and replace exhaust as necessary.
- Diagnose and trouble shoot electrical issues
- Perform basic body repairs on trucks and trailers.
- Repair and/or replace mechanical parts including pumps, starters, brakes, belts, hoses, etc.
- Deliver trucks to offsite repair shops when necessary.
- Diagnose and repair air brake systems.
- Perform basic welds on parts/bodies as necessary.
- Drive trucks to perform a road test when repair work is completed.
- Replace tires on vehicles.
- Repair and/or replace trailer doors (both swing and roll up) when necessary.
- Service and Maintain all Thermo King Units.
- All other duties as assigned
Number and title of direct reports:
0 direct reports
Equipment used in the Job:
All mechanical hand tools including air and electric, torch, cutting tools. Basic personal computer skills.
Minimum of a high school diploma.
Number of years Experience:
Minimum of one year of experience with two preferred; higher education can be substituted for experience.
Ability to do basic math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, directions.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to talk to others (internal customers/coworkers) to convey information effectively and professionally.
- Must be able to read and comprehend MSDS; with ability to comprehend and react to potential hazards.
Typical Physical and Mental demands of the Job:
Concentration, attentiveness, independent judgment and discretion, manage multiple tasks, read and comprehend instructions and work orders. Must be able to see, hear, bend, stoop and reach. Must be able to lift 100 pounds unassisted. Must be able to grasp and use hand tools, and manual power-driven mechanical tools without assistance.
Exposed to all elements of the weather, working outside in truck bays and on vehicles outside of the garage in all seasons. Work in a closed garage area with equipment, solvents, cleaners, and power tools.
Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and interact professionally with internal and external customers. Must have basic knowledge of mechanics, welding, and vehicle maintenance (including diesel). Must possess a CDL Class A license. Must have a PA state inspector’s license.