Increased starting pay & $500 signing bonus!
McAneny Brothers, Inc., a major full-service convenience and grocery store distributer and wholesaler located in Ebensburg, PA. We are in search of Product Sorters for our distribution center
This position is responsible for the grading, sorting and/or classifying unprocessed food and agricultural products by size, weight, color, or condition.
- Grade and sort products (as assigned by supervisor) according to factors such as color, species, length, width, appearance, feel, smell, and quality to ensure correct processing and usage.
- Must be able to see, hear, bend, stoop, reach, maneuver fingers and hands, and lift up to 50 pounds manually.
- Discard inferior or defective products and/or foreign matter, and place acceptable products in containers for further processing.
- Weigh products or estimate their weight, visually or by feel.
- Place products in containers according to grade and mark various grades on containers.
- Record product that was sorted and place product into net after sorting.
- Retag and slot product that has been sorted.
- Minimum of a high school education or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Previous experience helpful but will train
Compensation The starting rate for this position is $15.00 an hour with additional quarterly bonus opportunities.
Our comprehensive benefit package includes the following:
Paid time off
*NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*